Friday, March 03, 2006

SO YOU WANT TO WRITE. . .

Raise your hand if you’ve ever dreamed of writing the great international bestseller. Patty, in her comments, called writing a journey, something I’ve always referred to it as. Like any journey, it has it mountains and valleys, its peaceful seaside stops and trips into the harsh badlands.

Where does one begin?

If you have questions on how to begin, where to get good advice on writing, or any other writing question, put it in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer. I don’t have time to do personal critiques of your work, but I can try to aim you in the write direction. If you haven’t read Gina Holmes interview of me on her blog site, check it out at www.firstnoveljourney.blogspot.com. It will definitely show you that writing is not always easy and the journey to publication can be tough, but with a lot of perseverance, prayer, and hard work, you can get there.

Here’s a great place to start if you’re interested in writing. Check out www.americanchristianfictionwriters.com for some great resources on writing. I joined the group just after it started and let me tell you, for $35 a year you just can’t beat all the classes, forums, and resources that are available. They also host one of the premiere conferences each year. Check it out, leave me your questions, and don’t forget to vote!

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment