Saturday, March 18, 2006

ANOTHER HUMID SATURDAY and MILDEW. . .

Scott, Allen and Janelle should be on their way home now. They will fly into South Africa from Mozambique then drive the three hours home. I’ll let you know some of the highlights after they return.

As for the humid weather. . .It’s driving me nuts. Mildew is beginning to take over my house. We’ve got a serious problem in our bathroom ceiling. Knew about that when we bought the house. The whole bathroom is going to have to be gutted soon. But now, with the weather wet, cold, and wet, things never dry. My clothes are mildewing, my shoes are even mildewing. The bedding always seems damp. It’s getting bad.

Nothing here, of course, is climate controlled which makes the matter worse. I pulled out my book on how to clean anything for some advice. They say you should burn a 60-watt bulb in your closets continuously. But that’s a bit of a problem if you don’t have a light in your closet.

So, I’m off to wash a few loads of laundry and hope my clothes aren’t ruined.

Any advice?

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment