Wednesday, February 15, 2006


THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A GAME DRIVE. . .

One of my favorite experiences in Africa is going on a game drive. I could literally spend hours studying a heard of elephants, a family of monkeys, or watching the hippos sunbath. I find it an incredible experience. I've already told Scott that one of these days I'm going to spend a week at Kruger National Game park in one of their programs where you can actually work alongside the park's employees in one of their research programs.

In Botswana, we watched a herd of elephant cross the river at sunset in front of us. It was a breathtaking experience. We've been charged by an elephant (not fun) , driven through a herd of hundreds of buffelo (now that's scary), watched a hippo chase a wild dog, and the list could go on and on. Here's a couple pictures I thought you would enjoy.



Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH!!! Lisa, I **love** elephants. Have a small collection of them here...er, ceramic ones that is. :-D What beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. My parents are from Nigeria, I was born in the U.S, but I have never been on a game drive.

    ReplyDelete