Wednesday, May 28, 2008

School days


While most of you in the States are finishing up the school year, we're busy getting ready for mid-terms. The school term here starts in January and finishes in December with a six week break over Christmas. Even though we are now home schooling, we've decided to stick to the SA schedule in case we ever end up back here.

While I have to say that I'm really enjoying home schooling (yes, this is a bit of surprise to me) keeping up on the road while living out of suitcases has come with a few challenges. I'm looking forward to the day when I have an actual library of books on book shelves, when the kids have their own desks again, and we have time and space for fun things like science projects and music lessons.

That time is coming. (Soon I hope.) And they have been able to hang out with some of their friends this past week which has been a blessing.

Here's a story I remind myself of when I'm feeling frustrated. Gabriel was at a friends house a couple of weeks ago. His friend's mother overheard the two boys discussing home schooling. Gabriel told the friend that needed to convince his mom to home school him, and that it was the best thing that had happened to him. He loves school, loves his books, and was so happy now that he was being home schooled.

Wow. Now that made my day.

We are planning to leave for Mozambique on Friday. We still have to apply for permanent residency once we are there, a process that is supposed to take about two weeks. Then we can have our furniture shipped over. Please keep praying!

Have a blessed day!

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment