Saturday, November 03, 2007

The countdown begins!

We're down to five days until the big move. I'm not sure that the reality of where we're going has really sunk in. There are moments of excitement and moments of tears, but overall, I'm ready to go. Living in Allen and Janelle's guest flat has worked out perfect for this last week, but I'm ready to get settled in to our new home in Brazil.

I've spent the past two days trying to decide what to take and packing our suitcases. Have I mentioned how much I hate to pack? The good thing is that for the most part, will finish tonight.

God also continues to answer prayers. We found a home for all our pets which was a major concern. Our indoor dog (the last to find a home) and cat, who are also best friends, will be staying with the new owners of our house who have an eight year old boy. And we sold our car today which is a major blessing! We are having to replace it with a sturdier car from Mozambique that we've already found and will pick up once we are back in Africa.

We have one last special event planned before we go, but I'll share that in the next day or two.

Time to finish packing. A storm's coming which means the power is bound to go off as well. One of the things we are planning is time back in South Africa from time to time so the kids can keep up with their friends. It's nice not to have to say good-bye for forever. Enjoy the slide show.

Blessings!

Lisa


Go to ImageShack® to Create your own Slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I always view your blog. I don't always leave a comment. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy them. It keeps me more in touch with your life.

    ReplyDelete