Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rainy Days


It's been one of those out-of-routine days. The power went off in the middle of the night as storms moved in over the city. Makes me extra thankful for our air-cons when we don't have them!

There was still no power when school started which meant the school room doors would have to be opened to get a breeze, but that also meant that the rain (and the dogs) would get inside, so we packed up all our books and headed for the living room.



I've enjoyed seeing photos of all the snow in the States, though I know that many of you are ready for spring. Here are some flowers from our garden I thought you might enjoy. I love all the unusual plant life here! The first ones are Spider Lilys and something we've enjoyed having for the first time.



I recently posted about a new blog Lynne Gentry and I are working on. We have a number of inspiring stories lined up of God using ordinary people to do extraordinary things. We pray that you will in turn be inspired to make a difference, one person at a time. And if you have a story to share, we'd love to hear from you!

We have several stories lined up for the coming weeks, but our first one is with Gail McWilliams.

Over her lifetime she has found the ability to choose life and, along with her husband, Tony, enjoy the gifts of five miracle children that the doctors said they would never have. These children came at a high cost with doctors trying to bully her toward abortion when her health was found to be in jeopardy. Her life message goes beyond political and social ramifications and her challenge to pro-life audiences is to make the decision to choose life every day.



And lastly, don't forget to drop by and leave a comment on my February Giveaway if you haven't already done so. I'll be drawing a winner on Saturday (as long as I have internet :-))

Enjoy the photos!

Lisa




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Something to dream about until June in our area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    I was a missionary for a time in West Africa. Some of the foliage in your pictures takes me back there. Enjoy your time there! You never know when it will come to an end.

    ReplyDelete