Wednesday, July 06, 2011

On being candid


It's not always easy being candid. You know what I mean. Letting people in on both the good and the bad in our lives. If you're like me, you'd rather people think that everything is great. No problems. No sweat.

Well...not always. Because that's not real life.

Today I received an email from a friend that really touched me. She thanked me for being candid about some of life's struggles on my blog.

"...sharing some of those things has helped me realize that every one of us face challenges in our life on a daily basis. We as Christians though should never feel like we are alone in these challenges. God is the pilot and in control...we just have to turn all things over to Him."


I love what she had to say. Because while everyone of us face challenges in our lives, as Christians we also need to remember that we're not alone. No matter who we are, we all share so much in common. Ordinary people, wanting the best for our families, wanting to be loved, wanting stability and peace.

Paul said it this way in 2 Corinthians 13:11 "Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you." (NIV)

On another quick note, if you missed my Skype interview with friend and author Lynne Gentry on her new book Reinventing Leona, you can catch it here. Because of some technical difficulties that erased most of the comments for the contest running with it, we're extending the contest through July 14th.

Be a blessing today!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment