Monday, October 18, 2010

Settling in


It seems like forever since I've posted. Thanks to the airlines, who allowed us several long layovers for no extra cost, we took the slow way back to the States, spending time together as a family to visit long-time friends in Europe, and then again in Orlando with all the grandparents. It's been a great time, filled with lots of fun and plenty of memories.

Now that the traveling is over, we have just moved into the place where we will be based while in the States. We are so grateful to Sugar Creek and Rio Bend for allowing us to stay in one of their houses while we are here. It's furnished, with plenty of room, and we've already been loaned bikes and scooters for the kids so they can enjoy the quiet neighborhood.

For the next few months, we'll be hosting a Night in Africa Dinners, meeting with churches, supporters, and friends, and sharing what God is doing in Mozambique and our dreams for the future. I'll also be making sure that the kids stay up with their school work, and in fact, we just started the first day of a brand new year today.

On another topic, several have asked me lately about my writing. After a few months off that gave me time to focus on some ministry responsibilities as well as finishing up our school year, I'm very excited to be getting ready to begin writing book three in my Mission Hope series. I'll also be spending some of my time in the States promoting my upcoming releases Blood Covenant and An Ocean Away, both which will be released early 2011 and are set in Africa. This will include a few fun contests that will be coming soon, so be sure and watch for these!

Other news: Blood Ransom, made the shortlist for the INSPY awards! You can read more about this here.

Lastly, several have also asked me recently where they can get copies of Blood Ransom. If you haven't got your copy yet, any bookstore should be able to order if for you if it isn't already in stock. It's also available on line at places like Amazon and Christianbook.com If you have read the book, please consider leaving a review on places like Amazon.com and Christianbook.com as many people rely on the reviews as to what they buy.

I was going to post several photos, but the internet here seems to be slower than ours in Mozambique, so I'll just stick to one for now. This is a photo of us dressed up with provided costumes at Hampton Court outside London.

Be blessed!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment