Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mariah!



We had a wonderful birthday celebration for Mariah this past weekend. She choose to go to the mall to watch a movie then have pizza after which was exactly what we did. It's hard to believe she's just turned nine!

I've noticed that my posts are coming fewer and farther between. There never seems to be enough time for everything I want to do. We've just made it to the halfway point of our stay here and every extra minute, it seems, is used for language. This weekend we are planning to attend a Christian camp for families (five days) which will mean total immersion in Portuguese. I'm VERY nervous, but at the same time excited as I know this will be a huge boost to our language.

We would really appreciate your prayers as we make it through this final stretch of our time here and anticipate returning to Africa.

Blessings!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment