Monday, June 18, 2007

Eyes on the prize


Okay, I have to admit that I’m not a runner or an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. I’m not even the best at remembering to exercise, though I’m trying to be more consistent. Yesterday was the 82nd annual Comrades marathon held here in South Africa. The course is 56 miles and spans from Pietermaritzburg to Durban with almost 12,000 runners participating this year.

One of my good friends here inspired me this past year by training for the race. To prepare, she ran consistently, worked out, and participated in smaller races. Her example has helped motivate me to persevere with my own exercise regiment.

It’s also made me think about why we are here.

Paul says in I Corinthians 9:25, “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.”

May we all keep our eyes on Him.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment