Monday, February 19, 2007

How many people can you fit in the back of a truck?


Always one more! That’s pretty much the philosophy here. There’s always room for another person, or goat, or chicken, or piece of luggage for that matter. I see flat bed truck every day jam-packed with workers, people crushed into the seats of a taxi, and already full cars stopping to pick up one more person on the side of the road.

What does that have to do with me, an American who needs her space when it comes to traveling and other similar close encounters? Friday night I got a phone call from a friend who’s a part of our English cell group. This group has been a real blessing to us as we need the spiritual interaction with other Christians (especially English speakers).

The group was planning to come to our house for dinner and to watch Michael W. Smith’s new movie, Second Chances. (A GREAT Christian film I highly recommend BTW!). Well, Debbie called to say that there would be a few extra people coming. I said that would be great. When she got done listing off the names I realized it would be about 30 people in total. Thankfully, we won’t all be traveling in the back of a taxi! Seriously, I was quite excited because the extra families are people we knew, and while we ended up being packed like sardines in our living room, it was a wonderful night of fellowship and encouragement. I’m so thankful for the support that God has given us on this side of the world as we strife to share His word. God is good!

Have a great day! I’ll plan to post some photos of the fun in a day or two.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment