Today we decorated the Christmas tree in the stifling hot weather. The kids didn't seem to mind as long as there was time to jump into the pool for a little while. The water is out again, this time completely for at least twenty-four hours. We had company last night for dinner and my friend was gracious enough to help me quickly wash the dishes before the water completely ran out. Life is never dull in Africa, she told me, a fact we've become well aware of.
We leave on Wednesday for Mozambique for two weeks of work and a bit of fun at the sea. Scott has three goals for the trip: To meet with the new Christians most evenings, meet with the Health Department, and work on his Portuguese. We would really appreciate your prayers while we are gone. I will try to post as often as I can, but we will have very limited access to the internet through an internet café.
1. A safe trip to Mozambique which will be about twelve hours across rough roads.
2. That we will all return home malaria free. We are taking every precaution, but the risk is still there.
3. That Scott will have ample time to meet with and disciple the new Christians
4. That we will receive the permission we need from the Health Department to run another medical clinic next year.
5. That our house in the states will sell. I calculated that we have had our Dallas home on that market over two years off and on during the past six years, and we have yet to receive a decent offer. (In fact, only one offer at all!) We also need wisdom to know when it’s time to go ahead and rent it if it doesn’t sell.
6. That I can get my deadlines complete while enjoying time with my family.
Blessings to each of you! Enjoy the cold weather.