Wednesday, June 02, 2010

If you could travel anywhere...


I've spent the past couple weeks researching 1920's New York City for my next release with Summerside Press and have found it fascinating. Between gangsters, food, fashion and music, New York City makes the perfect contrast to Africa for the second half of my story, Oceans Apart.

With around 6 million people, New York was a modern industrial city with a large immigrant population. It boasted of huge buildings, a subway, sewer lines, and water lines and had a huge port for arriving passenger liners from Europe and other parts of the world.


Yesterday, I compared historic maps with modern maps and found out exactly where my heroine stays. I was even able to find photos of street corners, house plans, and taxis.

While I've never really thought about visiting New York City as a tourist, my research has changed my mind and I've just added the Big Apple to my wish list of places to visit.


With our 20th anniversary coming up next month, Scott and I have enjoyed dreaming of places we'd like to see together. (Thankfully, dreaming is free!)

Below is my partial list of places I'd like to visit one day. Now it's your turn. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would that be? Dream big and leave a comment. I'd love to see your top five!

1. England/Scotland/Ireland
2. Arctic Cruise
3. Tour of the Greek Islands
4. Morocco
5. New York City

Coming next...Fun trivia from the 1920s and a recipe contest with a really cool prize!

Be blessed today,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment