Friday, April 11, 2008

Home makeover, move on over. . .

We're down to two weeks now. It's hard to believe. There so much to do before we leave, like filling my brain with subjunctive tenses which are about to kill me!

I really appreciate so much your prayers and emails. (And speaking of emails, I'm very behind, so if you haven't heard back from me, you will soon!) Anyway, a friend recently ask about our house dilemma, and I realized I hadn't posted photos of the house we'll be living in while in Mozambique.

It was a tough choice, to be honest. We had two houses to choose from, both with their pluses and minuses--mainly minuses it seemed. In the end, we opted for the "green house" as we call it, for a number of reasons.

Here's the exciting thing, though. Twenty-two people from our church in SA are leaving in about two weeks to go to Mozambique and fix up the house before we move in. When I first heard this I was completely blown away that they would even want to do this. What a blessing! They will paint the house (and I get to choose the color!) put in air conditioners and fans, make sure the wiring is done properly, and paint the roof to reflect the heat.

Wow! God is so good, isn't He?

Thank you Dez and your entire team for taking on this project!

So coming soon. . .look for photos of my own home makeover!

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment