Friday, March 28, 2008

A simple reminder

It's been a crazy week here. We're down to four more weeks until we return to Africa. By the grace of God, I've somehow managed to make it to the advanced stage in language and will finish the 9-12 month program in under 6 months. This also means intense studying and lots of speaking while I try to master verb tenses and add to my vocabulary. (Portuguese has tons of different verb tenses!)

There are a lot of mixed emotions that come with our leaving. Brazil has taken hold of a piece of our heart and left us with life-long friends. I won't miss the noise of the city or even studying, but I will miss the people.

Four more weeks left also means it's time to start making plans for our return. The major issue at this point is a house to rent. We've just received some bad news on the house Allen found for us in Mozambique. Or rather, God gave us a resounding no. This means that we will probably live somewhere temporary for the time being. Add to that, we still don't have the final official document for our registration which means we can't officially move to Mozambique or transport our things.

More temporary.

Admittedly, this is tough on me. I want a house I don't have to move out of in a few months. I want my own bed, my own couch, and family photos for my walls.

Today I was working with Jayden on his memory work. In Matthew 6, Jesus says, "Don't worry. Don't say, 'What will we eat?' Or, 'What will we drink?' Or, 'What will we wear.' Your Father who is in heaven knows that you need them."

Don't worry.

It's a simple reminder. God knows both my wants and my desires. He's also told us not to worry. He's always taken care of us. Always provided.

So remember those two simple (yet often difficult) words today and take them to heart.

Don't worry.

Blessings,

Lisa

Photos from our Easter weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment