Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Remembering what's really important

We finished the kids’ homework this afternoon when they decided to go bike riding. The sun was shining and there was time before dinner, so I send them outside to have fun.

But no. They wanted Mom to come riding with them.

I groaned inside. I was tired, had dinner to prepare, and a Bible study to teach in a couple of hours, not to mention that dreaded deadline that I was, as always, behind on.

I smiled and told them I was feeling too old and too tired to ride today.

Jayden countered that I was only twenty-four and thus had to have plenty of energy.

I smiled at the compliment. Don’t I wish I was only twenty-four.

Then I remembered that days like this don’t come everyday. Days when my boys just want to be with me, play with me, and laugh with me. Tomorrow they’ll be hanging out with friends or off to school. But today they want me. So I put on my helmet and took off down the road behind them with a smile in my heart.

Take a moment today to remember what’s really important. Family, friends, God’s love, life. . .and have a great day!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, what a sweet moment. And just think--all that exercise sends more oxygen to the brain, allowing better through processes (hey, it works in the science books LOLOL).

    ReplyDelete