Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mid-term fun!

Wow, time continues to fly by! I flew to Kenya this past week to see my kiddos and was shocked to see the airport all decorated for Christmas. Really? I'm honestly not sure where this year has gone, and I'm certainly not ready for it to be over. At least not until I finish tackling my to-do list.

I wanted to share a few photos from my weekend with the kids. The students all leave campus for a long weekend every term, so I flew up to be with them this past weekend. We hung out with the Taylor family (missionaries in Zambia) at a missionary guest house along with a couple other students we adopted for the weekend had a great time. (I'll post some photos below!)

Jennifer Taylor wrote a fantastic post on our adventurous weekend experience, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's well written and also has a great insight into our lives as missionary moms, especially when our kids attend boarding school.

You can read her blog post Get on the Matatu here.

Lastly, we headed out to the beach today for six baptisms! It was a really special morning to see so many familiar faces give their lives to Christ! I've posted those photos on our FB ministry page.

Enjoy the photos!

Lisa


Traveling in Africa. There's always room for one more person or one more bag!

We went to a house for Ethiopian food and had a great experience. Very different food!


Ah. . .no those are not sombreros, boys!

The bread is the white stuff and all the sauces are laid on top.



These boys were never dull!


My daughter's fav? Planet Yogurt!













No comments:

Post a Comment