Monday, February 25, 2013

Reaching for the impossible




There always seems to be a number of things in my life that seem impossible to accomplish. Like getting through my to-do list, having an empty inbox, and losing that last five pounds.

Other things, like fixing a relationship, following a life-long dream, getting out of a financial hole, often seem even more impossible.

What about your own life? Do you feel like you just don't have the energy anymore to even attempt reaching for the impossible? 

As I look at my own life, here are four simple ideas how to reach for the impossible.




1. Seek Him first. It seems easy, but this world tends to pull us in a thousand different directions. What are your priorities. Are you truly seeking him first? Are you just a fan of Jesus or are you truly striving to be a follower. I just finished reading Not a Fan (the teen version) and was deeply challenged by what it means to become a completely committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Jesus wants what is best for us. He wants us to dream big. Then we can rely on Him to do the impossible. Jesus said in Luke 18:27 that what might seem impossible to us is possible with God. Psalm 37:4 tells us to take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 
Take one day at a time. I can't help but think about my own writing journey when it comes to taking life one day at a time. I started my first novel sixteen years ago. I wanted to be published, but I didn't know anything about the business. I started learning about publishing, writing everyday, going to conferences, and educating myself. That first book will never be published, but that's okay. Just like relationships won't be fixed over night, financial issues won't be solved by morning, sometimes we have to take life in baby steps. Figure out what steps you need to take, then move forward.

Find an prayer partner. I've come to realize how important it is to find someone you trust that you can share with them your dreams, hurts, and victories. I have a couple very important people in my life who I pray for and I know they are praying for me daily. Living overseas makes it hard but these relationships are very important to me. Be intentional about your relationships.

Just do it! So what is your dream? To climb a mountain, run a marathon, write a book, mend a friendship, adopt a child. . .you fill in the blank. Seek Him first in all you do, take that first step, and reach for the impossible.

Be blessed today,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment