Thursday, October 02, 2008

First Impressions

We arrived in the States after a very long, 30+ hour flight that included three planes, three continents, and lots of airline food. When we sat down on the last one, after arriving in the States, Jayden turned to the man beside him and asked him if he was also going to America. I think he's finally figured out that yes, we're here.

I left my camera's battery charger in Mozambique, so I don't have a photo today, but I do have a few first impressions.

1. The friendliness of all the employees as I went through US customs. It was a nice welcome back.
2. Driving on the right hand side of the road (This can be as scary as an encounter with a lion at a game park)
3. The amount of products available at the stores
4. The number of channels on the television
5. Helping my kids learn how things are done here from "What water can we drink" to "How to fill your plate at a buffet"

I'm sure there will be many more things that will strike me in the coming weeks. For the next few days, I'm simply trying to get over jet lag--yes, it's three in the morning--unpack, and enjoy time with family.

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment