Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finding Peace. . .


For those of you who follow my blog, you know that I've posted little lately due to the fact that there are simply not enough hours in the day while I'm back in the States with my mom. And while there are a number of things I'd like to post, one thing stood out to me tonight that I will post.

We live in turbulent times. People worry about the price of gas, the next president, and the balance in their checking account. We wonder who's influencing our children, and what the world will be like for our grand children. We worry about tomorrow, when we can hardly get through all that has to be done today.

Funny how even two thousand years ago, Jesus addressed this very issue. He told us not to worry about tomorrow and to seek him first.

Paul said the same thing. Do not be anxious about anything.

Anything?

Yes, anything.

So my encouragement today? It comes straight from Philippians 4

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, in prayer and petitions, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ."

Be blessed today,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment