Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Official release day of Deadly Intentions!

I'm super excited to share that Deadly Intentions, my latest romantic suspense releases today! This story was actually very personal for me, and you can read about it here on my last blog post. When you lose someone you love, or are faced with a life and death situation, you look at things different from that point on. 

I have to say, though, that this past weekend with the horrible shootings, I've had to question, not for the first time, why I write what I write. It might be fiction, what my characters go through, but I don't ever forget that there are people who are confronted with situations in real life where they lose someone they love or are affected by devastating trauma. And while I believe God can and does redeem their stories, in real life, things are rarely tied up in a nice, neat bow.
I’ve shared some of my reasons before in various interviews and blogs in the past about why I write suspense. About God calling ordinary people and using them to make a difference in the world. About our response to that call. And about how He, then, is the one who will give us the strength to do extraordinary things for Him. Because He is the only answer to the hurt in our world today.
I want my readers to never forget that the God who created the universe loves us and wants to be our strength no matter what is happening in the world around us. Jesus came to heal the empty and broken hearted, and those searching for freedom and hope. Psalm 91 says that He is our refuge and fortress. He will cover us with his feathers and under His wings where we will find refuge.
So for now, I’m going to keep writing stories of justice and hope, and pray that you will turn to Him to write your own story.

Be blessed,

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Lisa. Just recently, I've been questioned why I write what I write (creative non-fiction). Just this morning I started a new book in my Quiet Time written by a favourite author in creative....VERY creative .... non-fiction, and I was so blessed. I sensed the Lord say to me, THAT'S why I've called you to write that way.

    ReplyDelete