Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Off to Mozambique


Scott left for Maputo yesterday, one of the main cities in Mozambique, in order to work on our registration. For us to work there full time, we have to have permission from the government, a process that never moves quickly. When I asked him how things went today, he told me it was like taking one step forward and three steps back. It's all a matter of visiting government offices, speaking to the right people, and making sure your paperwork continues through the long line of offices and stamps.

One huge praise regarding our upcoming move has to do with Gabriel. We've been testing him all week to see if he can tolerate a curative dose for malaria. He is highly allergic to the preventative and with the deadly dangers of the disease, moving would not be an option if he couldn't tolerate the medicine. We are praising God, because Gabriel hasn't had any side effects! For us, this is continued assurance that this move is what God wants for us.

Please continue to pray as we negotiate through this difficult process.

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Praise God--I'm so relieved about Gabriel doing okay with this curative. You and your family continue to be in my prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off topic, but I was wondering if you guys are up to date on Together for Togo. I'm guessing you can't make it, but... Let me know if you want details.

    ReplyDelete