Scavenger Hunters! Sign up for Lisa & Lynne's Newsletters + receive two ebooks FREE!

Join My Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Espresso Anyone?

Okay, we’re back to the subject of the unbelievable amount of choices in the USA again. This time? Coffee.

Tonight was girls’ night out. A rare night when I got the change to laugh with my mom and sister over coffee. The talking wasn’t the issue. Bring in the Barnes & Noble coffee choices and I stood out like a glazed over, wide-eyed giraffe.

My sister was my translator. “The difference between a cappuccino and a latte is foamed milk verses steamed milk. . .”

I raise my eyebrows, but the choices only continue.

Tall, grande, or venti.

Regular or decaf. (Okay, I get that one)

Latté, Cappuccino, frapuccino, or espresso.

Whipped cream or non-fat. . .

And wait! There's more. Now we move on to flavors.

Pumpkin spice, cinnamon spice, mocha, raspberry, almond, vanilla. . .

Choices. Choices. Choices. Don’t you love them?

So, if you happen to see me sitting in the back corner of a bookstore, I’ll be the one drinking plain black decaf coffee. . .with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Blessings,

Lisa (who won’t even begin to go into the trials of trying to buy a pair of jeans. . .)

2 comments:

  1. yes that's pretty funny! I go for a double tall soy latte almost every time. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my!! Starbucks and you're having plain black coffee?? ICK! :-D Try the pumpkin spice next time--it's my favorite, both as a frappuccino and a latte (it's way too warm in TX still for latte LOL).

    Oh--and I bet that coffee was GREAT in your new FRIENDS tumbler. LOLOL

    Miss you sooo much girl. Congratulations on your new book contracts!!

    ReplyDelete