Monday, September 25, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane. . .

Another (late) plane and I’m leaving Dallas on my way to Tulsa to see my mother. The ACFW conference was an incredible blessing. Seeing old friends, making new ones, meeting with editors, times of worship, attending the awards dinner, and being reminded as to why I want to write for Him made it a dynamic three days.

I was touched by so many things this past weekend. Besides working on the craft of writing, I enjoyed the encouragement and advice of other authors who have blazed a trail before me as I listened to their life changing messages.

Some things that I learned--

That success in God’s eyes is rarely the same as in human eyes. By human standards Jesus was a failure. Life isn’t about being popular. It’s about being like Jesus.

If God only worked through perfect people, nothing would get done.

We are to be holy as God is holy. This is success.

That my sale numbers aren’t as bad as I thought.

That it’s offering my gifts up to God daily to be used by Him and NOT sales numbers that really count.

A publisher is interested in my ideas to write international suspense set in Africa. (Yeah!)

I need to swallow my fear, move forward, press on, and keep going.

I didn't take nearly enough pictures at the conference, but I've posted a few below.

Be blessed today!

Lisa

Some of my writing buds!



3 comments:

  1. Lisa--
    It was so good to see you this weekend! Prayers for safe travel coming your way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa--
    It was so good to see you this weekend! Prayers for safe travel coming your way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like some of the lessons you learned. Isn't so true that sucess isnt' about being popular, but obediant! I once posted a blog kind of talking of the same thing. When you don't feel like your doing a whole lot of much, you have to get back to the bottom line. Are you where God wants you? Yes? Then that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete