Friday, April 20, 2007

Writing Life and Prayer Requests

WRITING LIFE:
Someone recently asked me how my writing was going, so I thought I’d give an update. The last two months have been full of edits for three of my books coming out this year. Each book goes through content edits and line edits with two different editors. Once the book is ready to go to print, it’s edited again for any last minute corrections. Editors are a huge part in the book publishing process, so I’m thankful for those working to make my stories even better.

I have four books coming out this year. Tara’s Gold, a full length historical set in Iowa, releases in July through Heartsong Presents. I’ve just had a peek of the mock-up cover and it’s just what I’d imagined. I’ll be sharing it soon. I’m also putting together a video trailer for this humorous mystery that I’ll post as soon as the release date gets closer. Be sure and watch for it!

September will bring two releases. Montana Mistletoe is a fun, contemporary Christmas collection you won’t want to miss. It features three other great authors, Kim Sawyer, Lena Nelson Dooley, and Debby Mayne.









Massachusetts Brides will be available in books stores and Wal-Mart in September. This brings together my first three Heartsong novels, stories very close to my heart, Michaela’s Choice, Rebecca’s Heart, and Adam’s Bride.


In November, A Matter of Trust will be released. This is my first full -length contemporary from Heartsong presents. It has a thread of suspense with a stirring romance you won’t want to miss!

I’ll be sharing more information on all of these books as they release, as well as Barbour’s new mystery line that I’m writing for that starts in January. I've also posted a link on my blogs top right hand side where you can read the first chapters of my books as they release.

Currently, I’m lost in the African bush as I write my first international suspense. As I come close to the mid-way point, I’m loving the journey with my hero and heroine and thankfully my critique partners seem to be enjoying the story as well. I have a couple editors interested in the story, so I’ll be waiting to see what develops with this series.


PRAYERS:
*One of our precious board members, Beverly, will be going in for surgery for a brain tumor. Surgery is tentatively set for the 26th of April. Please pray for a successful surgery and a full recovery.

*We are working through the final process and paperwork for our house in Dallas. Please pray that the sale will go through in the next couple weeks as planned! Selling this house will be a huge answer to several years of prayer!

*Tomorrow is the open house for our home here in South Africa. We are hoping to move to Tzaneen as soon as possible to make things easier on the kids. Please pray that God will quickly send us the right buyer for the right price.

Blessings to each of you!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment