Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Photo Cards & Whale watching


PHOTO CARDS

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to vote for your favorite animal on my recent blog poll! In connection with The ECHO Project, we're busy putting together some FUN fundraising packets for this fall. We will be offering some stunning photo cards--along with 2012 calendars and jewelry made by one of the young men we are helping with a micro loan business--as a way to raise funds for this ministry. You can find out more about how your small group or children's class can get involved by visiting our 'Get Involved' page.

Thanks to your votes, the winning animals that will be on this year's cards are:

Lion

Elephant

Giraffe

Chetah

Lilac-breasted Roller (who actually tied for fifth with the Zebra).

WHALE WATCHING



While I wasn't able to spend a lot of time at the beach during the past few months because of our busy schedule, I was still able to spend a couple afternoons whale watching. Last week, we went there for our day off and I was amazed at the number of humpback whales we were able to see from where we sat along the beach. It truly was amazing!

They come every July-September, but I don't ever remember seeing as many as I did last week. This week I brought my camera. The photos aren't great, but it still give you an idea of what we saw. Unfortunately, I think there time here is almost over for now as only saw a couple yesterday.

Be blessed,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment