Monday, September 24, 2007

Popping in


Wow! I've had such an incredible week. Running non stop, visiting friends and family, speaking to a women's group, signing books, attending a the ACFW writers conference. . .yes, I'm exhausted, but it's been great.

I left Grand Junction last Monday for Dallas. Spent a great time with my friend Jan, then the next night went to stay with Lynne, writing buddy and friend. Our church had planned a surprise shopping trip and make over for the conferance that left me feeling incredibly pampered and loved.

Thank you Creekside church!!!!!

Early Thursday morning we left for the American Christian Writer's Conference. With about five hundred in attendence plus editors and agents, this is a great way to connect with other writers and leaders in the business. Beside attending some of the great classes offered, my goal for the week was to connect with other writer friends, my editors, agent, and follow up on some contacts I made last year--which is exactly what I was able to do. Barbour Publishing took their authors out to dinner Friday night which was so enjoyable. Thank you Barbour! I was also able to reconnect with an editor interested in working with me and my international suspense series, so I'm just so thankful for God working things out for me to come.

BOOK SIGNING WITH FELLOW AUTHORS
SATURDAY NIGHT AWARDS BANQUET

I'll be at my moms until going back to Africa next week. Speaking at a few ladies events, signing books, and just enjoying being with my mom and sister. I know I owe several of you emails, so I'll also be trying to catch up this week. Will post more photos as well.

Please pray for Scott and that kids as they make due without mom. Schools out now as well, but Scott's an awesome dad and I know they'll do great.

Blessings!

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Girl, it was so great to see you again. I'm so mad I didn't get a picture with you. SIGH. Next year, maybe. :-D

    I hope you have a safe and fun trip home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa! You looked so beautiful at the conference ... and it was fun to read back a bit and get caught up on what's going on with you and your family! (LOVE the photo!!) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete